Saturday, February 7, 2009

Decision to make the Camino Frances

Well, I bought tickets to and from Iberia to make the Camino Frances, or Way of St. James Pilgrimmage. My point of origin will be St. Jean Pied de Port, a small town along the France-Spain border. The trek to Compostela will be around 775km. I am looking forward to that time to be a period of renewal and greater focus on entry into the novitiate at St. Vincent Archabbey this July. Other fun stops along the way will be arriving in Barcelona, perhaps Monserrat and a day or two in Toulouse or other places along the way to my Camino start-point. Lourdes and Fatima will be also definite stops in my trip immediately before and shortly after completing the Camino. I'm excited to see how things turn out and what diferences I will see in spiritual growth during the 50 or so day trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joey!
Take care be Safe - God Bless.
You are in my prayers. Love, Kathy